We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated in July 2018.
For more information about Data Protection, and the General Data Protection Regulation, see the website for the Information Commissioner's Office.
Prospect Engineering (MIA) Ltd
Prospect Engineering (MIA) Ltd is registered with Company No. 06851974. Our registered office is at Beech House, 23 Ladies Lane, Hindley, Wigan, WN2 2QA. Depending on the circumstances, we may be a data controller or a data processor of your personal data.
We have a nominated person whom you can contact should you have any queries relating to this policy or your data, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the above address. Please mark correspondence for the attention of the Prospect Engineering (MIA) Ltd data lead.
The data we collect
We may collect the following information on this website, or otherwise where you may telephone us, contact us by email, when you enter a competition or promotion with us or when you may contact us or inform us of any other matter:
- Your name;
- Your contact information, including email addresses; and
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We may collect details of your visit to our website, including location, traffic, pages visited and general interaction and communication data.
Personal data may be collected through services we provide for you, such as your contact details including name, address, telephone number and email address.
We collect payment information comprising your bank details for the purposes of Direct Debit instructions from clients to whom we provide services.
How we collect your data
We collect data principally from the following sources:
- From you directly, and from your colleagues in your organisation
- Information generated about you when you access our website, such as your IP address
- We may purchase data from third parties, including marketing lists, or access publicly available data to help improve our services or our business
How we use the data we collect
The data we collect helps us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular:
- Internal record-keeping of enquiries and communications from clients
- To properly deliver our services to you
- To process payments for our services from you
- To administer accounts, sales and projects
- To comply with contractual obligations, we may have with you relating to the delivery of our services
- To allow us to review and develop the website to improve its performance and delivery of our services
- To conduct periodic market research
- To allow us to manage our relationship with you, including managing your queries and responding to communications from you
- To analyse website usage statistics
- To receive and review job applications, and to communicate with job applicants
- To notify you of changes and updates to our website and services
- To notify you of information relating to our services, including where you have requested information or where we feel the information will be of interest to you as an existing client or where you have consented to receive such information. Such notification may be sent by, including but not exclusively, direct mail, email, phone, social media and digital channels
- To inform you of pricing changes to our services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
In particular, we may use your personal data:
- Where it is needed in order to satisfy our contractual obligations with you to deliver our services to you
- Where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so
- To comply with legal obligations
- For some direct marketing communications, with consent where required
We do not share any of the personal data we hold with third parties, other than where necessary in the proper delivery of our services, as required by law or any regulatory authorities, and in the operation and administration of our business.
In the event of a sale of our business, we may disclose your information with the party(ies) acquiring its shares subject to the provision of undertakings relating to confidentiality.
How long do we store your data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as you are a client or customer of our business. Your data will be held only for as long as necessary to enable us to perform the functions listed above and for as long as you are a client or customer of our business.
Should you cease to trade with us, or where you are not a client or customer of our business, we may keep your data for a period of up to 7 years for research or analytical purposes, or where we are required to retain your data for legal or regulatory purposes.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and hold.
Our website, and information received through it, is hosted and backed up on secure servers within the EEA across multiple sites.
Specific measures we take internally to keep your personal data secure within our business include:
- Back up of business data
- Password protection or encryption of data
- Password or passcode protection of PCs and mobile devices
- Protection measures for specific software, eg. password protection and limited access to financial, invoicing and CRM software
- Secure storage of paper copies in locked cabinets
Withdrawing your consent
You are entitled to withdraw your consent to, or object to, our processing of your personal data for the purposes stated above. You may also ask us to delete your personal data if there is no reason for us to retain it, subject to our retention of data where required for legitimate business purposes. Please contact us by email at email@example.com,by telephone on 01942386830 or by contacting us via our website.
Withdrawal of consent may prevent us from delivering the services we supply to you and may prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you.
You may request details of the personal data we hold for you. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01942386830 or by contacting us via our website.
You may ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do so by either not selecting the opt-in box when submitting a form through our website, or by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01942386830. You can update your preferences at any time by contacting us using the above details.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should review separately the privacy policies of any third-party website.
Where your personal data changes
Please advise us of changes to your personal data so that we can update our records accordingly.